IGNITE is a nonpartisan 501c3 that operates in the political realm.
The following is a statement of IGNITE's guiding values and principles:
- IGNITE encourages young women to actively engage in the political process and assert and demonstrate their beliefs in the public arena.
- IGNITE encourages young women to advocate and lobby for issues they care about.
- IGNITE believes young women should actively listen to the perspectives of people they agree with and those they disagree with, in order to clarify their own beliefs.
- IGNITE values civil discourse as a means to understand others' viewpoints, clarify personal positions, and advocate for issues they care about.
- IGNITE believes our democracy will be stronger when the United States reaches political parity with equal numbers of women in office across all political parties.
All activities undertaken by and for IGNITE are in alignment with these guiding values and principles, in the spirit of promoting engagement in the political process. Therefore, IGNITE does not take positions on individual issues, rather IGNITE welcomes and supports all young women to determine which issues are important to them and where they sit on the political spectrum.